Friday, November 14, 2008

Flip Underwater Case is Flippin' Terrible!



I dare you to try to look past the sheer "Popeye-the-Sailor"-ness of my forearms long enough to notice the pure frustration and agony in my face.  What would make one so upset on a beautiful Friday afternoon after school?  Allow me to explain...

For my birthday in June, I received my precious Flip Video Ultra from my parents.  We've been inseparable ever since.  In July, I ordered the Waterproof Case to go along with it to bring on our vacation to Panama City.  It was supposed to be delivered the day before we left (and I had paid extra for expedited shipping), but they sent me an email saying it was backordered, and I didn't get it till the end of July, when it was totally pointless to have it (and they still charged me extra).  So, I've had a love-hate relationship with the case since I got it.  I never even took it out of the box.  Well, today I noticed that our wheelbarrow in the backyard was filled almost all the way with rainwater, so I decided to give the case a try.  I took it out of the sealed box, followed the extremely easy directions, and locked the case.  I submerged the camera in less than a foot of water for less than a minute, only to discover when I pulled it out that IT LEAKED WATER ALL OVER MY CAMERA. 

When I opened up the case in panic, the water just poured out.  I was so nervous, but my camera seemed okay.  I tried to turn it on, and I got a bright green screen that wouldn't go away until I took out the batteries and put them back in.  Then, it stopped working altogether.

I remembered the days of dropping my GameBoy in the tub and quickly disassembled the camera to let it dry.  I even blowdried it on the low, cool setting.  Still nothing.  I put it aside and hoped for the best while I very agrily emailed Flip.  I wasn't very hopeful because their warranties only last 90 days.

They responded pretty quickly, saying that if I sent them all the info they needed, they would send me a return merchandise authorization.  Hopefully, they will be able to fix MY camera without sending me a new one first.  I'm just sentimental.  As for the case, I couldn't give a "flip" (get it?) about it, and even if they send me another one, I'll never use that devilish accessory ever again out of fear.

Amongst all my rage, I saw this video, and it really made me smile and feel better.  Even better is that I can understand everything she's saying! :-)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your camera! That stinks.

Rene' sent me this video! It is beyond cute!

Anonymous said...

ZZ says: "BUMMER"