Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tom Thumb

Whilst enjoying myself at Maison Lemaire, things got a little out of hand. For starters, Katie brought me to the Delias store at Faketown, where we picked up a nifty catalog. Among the outfits in the pages was one entitled Hang Time, where the model was in her "just hanging out" clothes. The outfit was RIDIC. Why even try to describe it? Here it is...




So, when we got home, I went upstairs and attempted to make an equally ridiculous, though not as revealing, outfit. I came downstairs with a polka dot top, denim shorts, pink tights, and Adidas shoes. I was looking si-lly. I then tried to pose like a model by grabbing the banister on the stairs. While reaching, I tripped and slammed my thumbnail into the wood. I thought I was fine and laughed it off, but when I looked at it, I had a line across the middle of my nail and there was blood all over my thumb. My nail had bent backward! I went upstairs to clip my long nails and clean up, and I started feeling queesy. My nail had separated halfway down the nailbed. It huuuurt. I took some Tylenol PM, but today it actually feels worse underneath the nail. I'll be brave!!



Imagine my nail a lot longer. This is what it looks like today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ouch... I can imagine that little heartbeat in your thumb as you try to sleep. Not fun.