Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Missed me?

Okay. I'm doing it. I'm taking the plunge. I'm going to try to contrive some kind of interesting blog after 3 months without an update. Buuut, don't hold your breath.


All that's been going on is school, and my weight loss. I talk about those things like they're nothing, but they're a huge part of my life right now. School is the same, just more time consuming, and my weight loss in my main focus right now. One of my electives this semester is an Advanced Aerobic Dance class, and my teacher started a program on the side for people in the class who were overweight.  It's an intense 15 week program of cardio and healthy eating with the promise of losing 20 to 30 pounds by May. Since the beginning of the year, I've lost 12 pounds and 6 inches total from my chest, waist, hips, thighs, and arms. I really feel the difference in my energy, and definitely see the difference in my clothes. I can't wait until I can buy clothes again! Right now, I'm sporting the "baggy butt" look until I can buy new pants at the end. The look will catch on, just you watch.


Now, I need to shout-out to my favorite blogs:

KATIE: Isn't the Snuggie amazing, sans Snuggie-fuzz all over your clothes? Not a day goes by that I don't snuggle with a Snuggie on the couch. Also, I wanna take secret road trip to Abilene for Mardi Gras. Don't tell Mom and Dad. Oh, wait...

THE DAILY SQUINK: Congratulations on Miss Lydia Rose! She is adorable, and I find she looks just like Rowan with dark hair. If you ever need a babysitter, just give me a 20 hour heads up, and I'll drive over. Also, I'm glad to be Facebook friends with both of you. I was so pleasantly surprised when I got the friend requests. Does Rowan have one? I need that cutie on my friends list.

LOLAPALOOZA: Emilee, thanks for the comment shout-out to me on one of Katie's latest postings. How's that scratched up lip? My mom and I look forward to all of Lola's videos. She is hilarious! Not to mention precious. Katie and I reminisced about her water overdose when Kevin and I visited Dayton. Good times with a super full diaper!

THE BECKS FILES: Oh my God, Sam is growing up so fast! He was only a few weeks old when I met him, and he only gets cuter! Every time you post pictures or videos, I just wanna squeeze him. Give him a big squeeze for me! As we say in Louisiana, "Cher bebe!!!!"

THE MCLAUGHLINS: Congratulations on your baby girl!! I'm so excited for yall. I've never met Luke, but I'm excited to have a new McLaughlin to love! Keep us posted!!


And with that, my pointless English class is ending. Cross your fingers that I keep this up!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I tried to comment the other day, but for some reason, I couldn't!

What I was going to say was: "Welcome back to the Blogosphere!"

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

ZZ says "Congrats on the weight loss, pretty soon that sweater will fit!!!" :-)

James McAuley said...

Good to hear about you again. Congrats on the weight girl, that is really good for you.

Ps. What are you doing this summer? I think we're going to swing by and visit on our roadtrip.

Josie said...

This summer, I'll be waiting for you and Cayce!