Sunday, June 29, 2008

STP ROCKS!!

No matter what kind of crud the members of Stone Temple Pilots have been through (i.e. Scott Weiland's highly publicized drug addiction and legal battles), they still manage to deliver an absolutely amazing show. The concert last night in Houston was literally the BEST show I've ever been to in my entire life. We were under the pavilion and our seats were a lot closer than we thought. Although it seemed like cameras were allowed into the show (the footage of their concerts is always all over YouTube), the staff searched Kevin and Scott like they were entering prison. I just had to spin around in my dress. So, the only footage I got was from my cell phone, which isn't great, but you'll get the gist, and it'll take you back to your early 1990s days! Anyone who has the opportunity to see STP should definitely do it, 100%. They're absolutely amazing!


*WARNING! Start your volume low, then adjust!*


The beginning of this first video is pretty much inaudible, but it was when they were coming onstage, and the crowd was freaking out. The song they're playing is "Big Empty". Come on, you know it! "Tiiiiiime to take her home, her dizzy head is conscience ladennnnn!"






Here's a continuation of "Big Empty", with a close-up of Scott Weiland on the big screen.





Yet even more of "Big Empty", but he came right in front of our section! He also had the audience sing the bridge. You can hear me shouting, "Conversations killlll!"






Here's one of my favorite clips of the night. It's of my favorite STP song, "Wicked Garden".







This is a performance of "Crackerman", where I freaked out because Scott Weiland came into the crowd to sing it!






This is "Plush", one of their most famous songs, and probably the best video of the night in terms of quality.






That's all the footage my phone could hold. I have clips from "Interstate Love Song" and "Silvergun Superman", but I'm singing really, REALLY loudly. Thus, I'm too, as they say, "salty" to post them.


Their encore was the best part of the show, but I had run out of room by then. They sang "Dead and Bloated", where literally all approximately 16,000 people were singing along. Then they closed the show with "Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart", which you'll know if you've played Guitar Hero II.


All in all, AMAZINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: