Thursday, October 16, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: JOSIE IS OFFICIALLY BIGGEST LOSER ON CAMPUS

SO, I never update. I know. But that's because nothing interesting ever happens. UNTIL YESTERDAY.

I had just gotten out of class. It was around 4 o'clock, when traffic on Johnston St. is starting to be at its worst. For those of you who don't know, Johnston St. is the busiest street in Lafayette and it cuts right across campus. It was raining and I had just crossed Johnston with my booksack on my front with my purse and umbrella. I was crossing over a wooden walkway just after the crosswalk when SUDDENLY and without warning, my feet completely slipped out from under me and I fell right onto my butt. I was in a lot of pain, so naturally, the first thing I did was look around and make sure no one else was on the sidewalk to see me fall. Nope, no one. Thank goodness. However, there was a whole line of cars right on the side of me waiting to turn onto Johnston St. I pulled myself up by the railings and just kept walking with all of my stuff hanging from my arms. A man put his window down and asked me if I was okay, to which I'm sure I turned purple while saying, "YES, SIR! THANK YOU!" I then stopped, rearranged myself, and kept walking, hoping that not all of the people in this super long line saw me fall on my assets. The whole way to my car, everyone saw my scratched-up, dirty leg. Awesome.

Today, my lower back really hurts, as well as my hip on the spot where I fell. Surprisingly, there's no bruise there, but there is one on the front of my leg where my booksack fell with my laptop and books in it. My leg is still scratched, but not bad. Basically, my lower back hurts, but so does my pride.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZZ says, "Have fun at the Voodoo Festival in big ol Nawlins'"